Patient Guidelines on the Coronavirus
Leon Remis MD is following CDC guidelines in regard to COVID-19 and we are taking precautions to prevent its spread. The safety of our staff and patients is our utmost concern.
Delivering exceptional patient care in a safe and controlled environment is our priority and that is why we are asking our patients to comply with the CDC recommended precautions while visiting our office.
Call ahead of your appointment if you have or had any of the following in the last 2 weeks:
• Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea, pink eye
• Diagnosed with COVID-19
• Contact with suspected or confirmed persons with COVID-19
• Exposures such as travel, gatherings, hospitalizations
• Reside in a facility (i.e. independent living facility or nursing home)
The following precautions are being taken:
• All patients will be screened via questionnaire upon arrival and the staff will validate the screening questions daily.
• Limiting the number of patients in our waiting room (a specified number or chairs have been removed from the seating area to maintain social distancing).
• Companions are asked to wait in their vehicles.
• All rooms and seating will be sanitized by our staff in between every appointment.
• Our staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks.
Please arrive wearing a face mask. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one.
In this world or uncertainty, we appreciate your understanding. We hope at the very least that times like these remind us that we are all in this together.
Leon Remis MD
To Our Valued Patients
We hope that you and your family are staying well during this unprecedented time. Unfortunately, I must announce that Dr. John Bona has left our practice effective September 2020.
We hope that you will continue to visit our practice for all of your eye health needs. We are committed to making this a smooth transition for all of our patients. Please feel free to call us at (781) 631-8300 to schedule an appointment.
Leon L. Remis, MD
Dr. Leon Remis is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist specializing in all areas of ophthalmic medicine including cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic eye care and eye muscle surgery. Dr. Remis opened his medical practice over thirty years ago in Marblehead, MA. Dr. Remis provides comprehensive eye care to patients of all ages and gladly accepts new patients.
Dr. Remis specializes in cataract surgery. Surgery is performed on an out patient basis at both The North Shore Medical Center in Salem and Massachusetts General Hospital in Danvers, Massachusetts.
What is a cataract?
The lens in one's eye focuses the light rays on the retina, resulting in the crispt image of what we see. A coudy lens disperses the light, resulting in cloudy, blurry vision. This is most often a result of the natural aging process, though it may may also be attributed to genetics, medications, or certain diseases. ...read more
Optometry Times recently published the following article explaining how the…
We hope that you and your family are staying…